(best viewed in landscape)
Why is my compass continually pointing one direction in the car/plane/boat but it works outside?
- Electromagnetic fields in vehicles are strong. Often just relocating the phone further from the engine is enough but there are other sources of interference in vehicles. GPS Heading works well while moving and is often a better option in vehicles.My location, altitude, city, weather, or speed are showing zero/nothing when they should not. What gives?
- The most common problem with location is that Location Services is Off. Go to your phone's Settings, choose "location", and make sure it says "turned on".
Why is my altitude changing a lot?
- Dashboard relies on GPS to determine where your phone is. It is often difficult, if not impossible, to acquire accurate satellite signals inside a building.
How do I move the gauges?
- Tap a gauge to bring up its menu, select the Relocate icon (in the center), tap on the gauge currently in the location you want to move this one to.
Why does the dashboard stay in either landscape or portrait after Calibration?
- Once calibrated, if the phone is side ways, it assumes you are in a barrel roll or flipping end over end. If you would like to re-enable auto-orientation, toggle the "lock" option on the tool belt but you will likely have to re-calibrate to the new orientation.
Why is the hour ahead on Linear gauge?
- Try making the gauge bigger. Dashboard shows partial hours like an analog clock. This works well on radial gauges. On linear, the distance between gauges is so small, it can look like it is ahead toward the end of the hour.
Will there be more?
- You betcha. Currently on the drawing board are UTM location, base distance, base direction, odometer, timer, battery life, sound meter, active backgrounds, interactive gauges, memory, and histogram.