Live Tile questions?
- There is a page dedicated to questions on the Live Tiles.
The flash does not come on.
- Currently, on the HTC 7 Mozart, the type of flash the device is equipped with cannot be on for an extended period.
It says I have no compass. What gives?
- Some phones do not have a compass. If this is the case, you should see a message in red over the compass. Please consider this, the Velocity Tool shows your current heading. This requires movement as it comes simply via the last few GPS locations and requires good GPS signals.
Compass and Accuracy stay at 0°.
- On the Dell Venue Pro, the compass is not yet working in Mango. The most recent news is that this is by design.
Compass wants calibration and cannot be satisfied.
- You can hit the back button to dismiss the calibration pop up if the phone just can't seem to get calibrated. Try distancing the phone from sources of magnetism. After you have dismissed the calibration screen, you may note the Accuracy text has a number above 20 degrees--until it's 20 or below, the device still wants calibration.
- Before you spend too long on calibration techniques, does your phone case have a magnet to help it stay closed? If this is the case, the compass is probably just not going to work well if at all.
- It's-all-in-the-wrist technique:
- Consider trying this alternate calibration technique:
- I'm-dizzy technique ("major calibration") per HTC (thanks to Ron in AU for this info):
- If the problem persists, please contact support via the link in Jack of Tools (on the Feedback page).
Compass jumps wildly.- Somes devices do not compensate for orientation. Use the Level tool to center the bubbles (the phone oriented as if to take a picture of the ground) and then return to the Compass. Move clear of any other electronic devices.
Compass says, "Compass Not Functioning".
- In pre-release versions of Windows 7.5, there are no new sensor drivers. Upgrade to the release version.
Compass indicates North is wrong direction.
- Move away from any electronic devices or devices with magnets (e.g., motors).
Compass is inaccurate but accuracy says 10°.
- The compass needs calibration but the phone does not realize it. Shutdown the phone, launch a compass app (e.g., Jack of Tools, Dashboard, Jack of Goggles), calibrate if asked.
Accuracy says "No Reading" or accuracy is low.
- Typically this is because there is little GPS satellite reception. It is often difficult if not impossible to get a good signal indoors. Please see our additional info.
Accuracy says "Location Disabled".
- Your phone's location setting may be set to off. Go to Settings, Location, and make sure "Location services" is set to On. If the problem continues, verify the Location Services setting in Jack of Tools is set to Enabled. Note this setting in Jack of Tools is provided to conform to certification guidelines but should be set to On for proper function of location tools.
Jack of Tools >